Choosing the right power protection is complex and confusing...
Power Quality Facts and Myths
- Cost of downtime is increasing (costing $billions of dollars per year). Half of the US corporations rate their downtime costs at over $1000 per hour and 9% of corporations estimate the costs to be over $50,000 per hour!
- Most power quality experts also provide protection solutions rendering the survey nothing more than a manipulative sales piece designed to get you to buy their products.
- Measuring Power Quality requires a complex data acquisition tool because the inexpensive meters are too slow for today’s faster computers. Hand-held meters and other low cost measurement tools offer only a limited range and often indicate that the site is good when in reality it could be costing you money. In summary, use an inexpensive meter when you want to prove that the site is good and not gather data that leads to a solution.
- Customer’s power, grounding and HVAC systems are rarely properly prepared for today’s computer-based systems and once the systems are installed, they believe that the manufacturer has assumed the responsibility to make the system work.
- The typical cost of a "no-trouble-found" service call is estimated at $1,200 (not including the lost opportunity costs). Often, many Field Service Engineers replace good circuit boards only because they don’t know what else to do.
- The typical cost for a detailed power survey using sophisticated test equipment usually costs over $3,500 per site.
(or 5 things that come to mind when you think of power quality)
- Very technical and must be highly trained to understand a power quality survey.
- Dangerous to install (High Voltage present).
- Expensive equipment that is very delicate and sensitive.
- Requires yearly calibration and high maintenance (the more it's used the more it breaks).
- The power quality is something that I have no control over (I take what the facility/utility gives me and I have to tolerate it). It’s out of my control!
- I don’t have the time, money or resources to worry about Power Quality.
The RxMS Prescription...
- Rx Monitoring Services has a very easy to use system that requires no training!
- For most equipment, the installations of the test equipment can be done safely and easily in less then 5 minutes with the use of the RxMS AC Adapter.
- Rx Monitoring Services Inc. provides a consulting service that includes using the most sophisticated data acquisition tools ever produced to gather the data that provides the knowledge that there are no problems (no assumptions) or the issues are document and a solution is prescribed.
- The unbiased reports are easy to read, understand and the prescribed solution can be quickly implemented.
- The cost of a survey from RxMS is less then half the cost of a service call.
- RxMS upgrades, tests and calibrates every monitor insuring that the data you get from the site is not compromised.